Wednesday, January 20

Visa Options for Technology Experts in Singapore

You need a visa if you want to move and work in Singapore. There are general visas, and some sectors could have exclusive passes.

The technology sector has always been growing in Singapore, and is constantly in need of new professionals. Therefore, Singapore is very welcoming of technology experts. Here are the visas available:


Entrepass is for foreign investors who want to start a company in Singapore. To get the Entrepass, you should be at least 18 years of age and have no criminal charges. At the same time, you need to show that you have a good business idea and the necessary funds to run your company.

Employment Pass

Employment pass is given to ones who have been hired by an existing company in Singapore. To get the employment pass, you should be making at least $4,500 a month. You can also start a business with the employment pass, but the process is longer, as you need to register a company and employ yourself as its executive.

Tech Pass

The tech pass is an exclusive visa meant for leading and established tech experts from around the world. It is an extension of the Tech@SG program and has 500 slots open. Individuals with the tech pass can travel to Singapore and change employers as per their will. They can also open their company, and work as lecturers or consultants for existing technology firms. To know more about the visa, see pass for foreign tech.

Personalized Employment Pass

The Personalized Employment Pass is a special visa for high-earning professionals who are already influential in their sectors. To get the visa, if you live outside Singapore, your last drawn monthly salary must be at least S$18,000. On the other hand, you can be an Employment pass holder with a fixed monthly salary of S$12,000. The good thing about the Personalized Employment Pass is that you can change employers, which is not possible with the Employment Pass.

How Can You Open a Company in Singapore?

Many tech experts want to start their own company in Singapore rather than work for a local business. If that describes you as well, you need to register a company in Singapore. Anyway, registering a company can be a hassle for foreigners as they are not familiar with the rules. You should work with a leading accounting service provider for an online registration company.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *